What's new in Antiquarium 2.5
Antiquarium 2.5 contains some new features and fixes some bugs
which have been found since Antiquarium 2 release:
- User bookmarks are available. To add a bookmark,
right-click with the mouse on any text of the Text window.
To see the bookmark name, point mouse to a small circle in
the left margin of the text (it indicates presence of
a bookmark). To navigate to a bookmark, use Navigation menu.
- You can now switch from one database to another more
conveniently. First time please open a database
(PHI, TLG, PHI7) on your hard disk in a usual manner), then switch
between databases via File menu.
- There are authors with long lists of works which are
sometime not easily to locate. If you want to display work
lists in a sorted order, please check flag "Sort works alphabetically"
in the Preferences window (F9). By default works are sorted by their
TLG (PHI) unique index number (this default has been left as is).
- Some texts have lines which are too long to be displayed
in full. Horizontal scroll bar has been added to the Text window,
so you can now scroll such long lines to observe them completely.
- In the TLG word list you can use "phonetic" keyboard
to input words. Bugs with incomplete words in the Word list
and some other annoying bugs of the Word list are fixed.
- Mass Find. In Antiquarium you are able to open Reports during
search procedures even before the search is complete (double-click
on the title entry in Report tab). In the WindowsXP and later
Windows versions such clicks could cause program crashes.
This is now fixed.
There are other small bugs that have been fixed. Antiquarium 2.5
is now fully adapted to Windows 7 software requirements.
Note for Antiquarium 2 users. Update Antiquarium 2.5 is free
for those who purchased Antiquarium 2. If you want to get this free update,
just send us an e-mail.
What's new in Antiquarium 2
- Antiquarium2 is designed for Windows2000, Windows XP or higher OS.
- Supported fonts and user input are throughout Unicode.
Main font for browsing Greek is Palatino Linotype which
is supplied with Windows standard package. This beautiful font
Text window a completely
new look: bright, accurate and distinct.
- Antiquarium2 works now successfully not only with TLG and PHI 5.3
but also with PHI 7 (inscriptions) database.
- Search engine has been completely rewritten. You can use now
Windows wildcards like "*", "?". All conditional operators (AND,
OR, XOR) are implemented. We made accent on searching phrases and
idioms. This feature is tremendously asked by classics scholars.
Though implemented in many search engines, it often requires from users
advanced knowledges of regular expressions syntax or similar 'computer'
logics. We tried to organize phrase searches as flexible and intuitive
as possible - and you don't need to study the entrails of computer
at all. Take a brief look at the new Antiquarium2 search window:
- The new option Save Workspace keeps windows state (and other
interface options) intact during your working sessions. If you left
your work in a hurry and then after some time will again open Antiquarium,
you will see everything on desktop exactly as you left it recently.
- Alternative (Latin and Greek) word spelling tables are implemented.
Text editors often use contradictory approaches to spell words.
You will still locate an entry even if it was differently spelled
throughout the database.
- When you copy and paste text fragments (say into Microsoft Word)
all format subtleties are kept intact. Optionally you may copy exact
bibliographical reference (title and chapter / section etc. numbers) with
- Enhanced search algorythm of TLG Word List has been now implemented.
In case you fail to find the exact entry, it is up to you to relax
search criteria, then Antiquarium2 will use its built-in euristics.
- All thematic rubrics of TLG Index can be processed now: Subjects,
Dates, Epitets, Female authors, Geography. A user can create his/her own
thematic groups of texts according to custom criteria. Inside rubrics
any text can be easier accessed due to implemented tree-view mode.
Take a look at the new TLG Indices window:
- Printing procedures have been also enhanced for easier access and
comfort of a user. You can print selections according to original
(editor's) distribution of pages or print continously without any page
- If you have electronic version of the Liddell and Scott Greek-English
by Logos Bible Software),
invoke it by a single keystroke. In Antiquarium, select with the mouse
a Greek word you want to study / translate, then hit [F5].
Liddell-Scott will be immediately brought to foreground showing a
corresponding dictionary article.
In a word, we tried to do everything to get the most (even more than
in the previous version of Antiquarium) from the valuable Antiquity
We constantly enhance Antiquarium. Current Antiquarium version is
2.5 Build 279. Registered users are advised to get the newest
Antiquarium build by request - just write an e-mail to
Quadrivium Software and
you will get the update free of charge.
Tips & Tricks
the Tips & Tricks of Antiquarium